HR Shared Services (HRSS) Apprentice
With the appropriate on job training, supervision, guidance, and training towards achievement of HR Support Level 3 Apprenticeship standard; provide efficient and effective administrative support to the HRSS team and key information on HR processes and procedures to service users.
1. Provide administrative support to the HRSS team.
2. Support the HRSS team in the delivery of its service, demonstrating a ‘can do’ attitude and adopting a flexible, resilient and resourceful approach.
3. Participate in HRSS projects.
1. Understand how to assist in the provision of business support to the HRSS team including day to day tasks such as document creation, using Excel spreadsheets, use of HR systems, electronic filing, distribution and communication of information.
2. Act alongside the HRSS team as a point of contact for enquires and respond, or refer to enquiries as appropriate.
3. Assist in the administration of the recruitment, selection and induction processes.
4. Assist in administering the starter, leaver and changes process to ensure all teams have accurate and relevant information.
5. Support learning and development and meeting events including room bookings, catering and administration.
6. Assist with HR related projects.
7. Assist in maintaining the electronic filing systems.
8. Act as an effective HRSS team member providing assistance to others as required
9. Be aware and familiar with policies and procedures and act according to them.
10.Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required commensurate with the level of the post.
• A-level or equivalent
Knowledge and Experience
• Ability to learn office systems and procedures.
• Experience in the use of a range of software packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and the internet
• Experience in the production of documents and the collation and maintenance of information
Skills and Abilities
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good organisational skills with an ability to manage own workload and priorities in order to meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities
• Able to prioritise work against competing and challenging demands to meet deadlines
• Able to multitask
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal with face-to-face and telephone enquiries in a courteous and patient manner, providing a high level of customer care
• Able to work as part of a team, seek advice and ask questions, taking initiative when appropriate
• Able to follow clear instructions
• Able to produce work of a high standard with a high level of attention to detail
• Able to exercise discretion and confidentiality
• Able to see ‘the bigger picture’
• Display a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
• Demonstrate a keenness to learn and take direction
- Salary: Competitive rate of pay
- Location: Northallerton
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent